Thursday, December 4, 2014

December Songs And Poems!


Hi Families,

I love the movie Swing Time, so I'm excited to share this month's song (though we are listening to the version sung by Frank Sinatra!).  I also am excited for us to go to the symphony in February and our exploration of "The Jazz Greats" which is the topic.  I wanted to begin putting a little of this sound and the history of this music into our classroom, so here it starts!  I hope you enjoy this one, too!

Here is the version we are singing to-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbH0m05tvM8&app=desktop

I plan to show the class the part of the movie, where this song takes place, this month.  It is one of my all time favourite dance scenes!

Speaking of dancing, many of you know that I grew up dancing and was in a ballet company eons ago!  Well, my ballet company is having thier 40th aniversary of the Nutcracker, which is a big deal in the Santa Barbara community.  I will be out next Friday to go up for the gala event and to see my old dance mates and ballet instructors, who are really like grandparents to me!  I think it will be a fun half-day with Emma, in class, and I appreciate being able to go up to be a part of this.

Maybe I will share a few photos- can you find me? (Just a smattering of photos from my 11 years dancing the Nutcracker- in no particular order!)









Love, Jennifer


2 comments:

  1. I think we found you in every picture! Adorable pictures. We just saw Kirana in the Nutcracker today! Jennifer & Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jennifer this post was super amazing! (well like all your other posts!) we absolutely loved the beautiful pictures you shared from your ballet class, I hope you have a great time at your reunion :)

    ReplyDelete