Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy Winter!


Hello Fabulous families!

Happy New Year!  I hope you have had a beautiful holiday season so far.  I wanted to share the image above, since my niece looks so sweet and intrigued in this photo.  I have been sick, but have enjoyed lots of great time with my family, and with Jason's family.  Tonight we are going to Julian to celebrate his birthday (Christmas Day) right.  Should be nice to see more stars than we usually see at night.

Our last week of 2013 was such a beautiful time.  Your kids are amazing!  I feel so lucky to know these people, and to be able to listen to them as they figure out the world.  I really appreciate all of you that came in to help make the exhibition come together.  I couldn't have done it without you!

Since we are still on vacation, I wanted to share a few blogs I have really enjoyed following.  One is because this person is living so close to nature in Canada and she enjoys creating things at home.  In many of her posts, she shows the beautiful changes that happen with the seasons in her area.  She also keeps an indigo dye pot in her yard, and makes crochet rocks, which inspired me to create my own, using beach rocks.  The second is one I found through another blog, which I thought the students might really enjoy.  I imagine each of your children could make their own "nature composition a day".  A third one was sent by Liam's mum, Dawn, and I thought you would enjoy the excitement the students had about these close up photos of snowflakes.  Maybe your child can tell you about Snowflake Bentley...  I hope you enjoy the beauty and wonder.

http://resurrectionfern.typepad.com
http://stillblog.net
http://www.natureknows.org/2013/11/amazing-macro-photography-of-individual.html?m=1

As always, please feel free to email me photos and have your child bring in any journal entries, drawings, poems, discoveries or stories that they make over the break.  We love learning from each other.  Here is one of the changes I made to the c;lassroom so that the students and families can share and map their adventures!  Please send in artifacts, photos and any info you want!  (Do you see the black thing on the table there, is my first artifact.  Do you wonder what it could be?)



I wish you more fun on your winter vacation!  Thank you for all you do to make our community so special!

Love, Jennifer

 My sisters, nieces, nephew and I

Some of the beach stones I have been crocheting.

  Jason and I wishing you a Happy New Year!

The view from one of our favourite beach spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment