Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gratitude

Hello Kindergarten Families,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEK!  I am wishing all of you a beautiful time full of family togetherness and laughter.  I am looking forward to knitting and making jewelry for a craft fair I will be apart of very soon.  Did you know that I make stuffed animals out of old sweaters?  ( I don't have many listings, but you can check out one on my etsy site: palmsprout.etsy.com) I can't wait to have time to get lots of projects done!  I also want to relax, read books and eat yummy food.  Jason's family is Japanese, so we always have sushi and other traditional Japanese food on the Thanksgiving buffet table.  I will have to figure out what dessert treat to bring for the big day- I am thinking tres leches cake...

I wanted to share some of your children's words on the topic of being thankful.  I know I am thankful for so much, and when I am busy or tired or feeling like I am getting sick, I have to remind myself of all of the things I don't want to take for granted.  It has been nice for the kids to begin to get in the practice of identifying things that they know they feel lucky to have in their life.

Have a lovely week!  Love, Jennifer


Evelyn: I am thankful for my parents because they take care of me. I feel thankful for God, too.  I am thankful for my brother because we almost always get along.
Lukas:  I am thankful for my dad because he teached me how to speak Swiss-German.  I'm thankful for my sister because she likes to play with me and she likes me to carry her. 
Malaya: I am thankful for love.  I am thankful for my sister because I like her.  I'm thankful for my mommy because she always tucks me in at night time.
Mathis: I am thankful to have a house, 'cuz then I could play in my house.  I'm thankful for my sisters because they play soccer with me.
Rowan: I am thankful that I have a house to keep me safe from the rain on rainy days.
Demetri: I am thankful for my brothers and sisters because they play with me a lot.
Lia: I am thankful for my sister because she gives me ideas.
Kayla: I am thankful for having a great family because I really like how they feed me every time that I'm hungry.  I love my brother because he's very cute and he really likes me and he does what I do.  
Amelie: I am thankful for coloring and why is I love to color.
Rachel: I am thankful for my fish because I take care of it. I feel thankful for my dog.  I am also thankful for my dad and mom and brother because I love them.   
Mason: I'm grateful that I have two brothers and sister and my dad and mom because I like doing stuff with them and playing with them. I feel thankful for my back yard, so I don't have to go in my front yard to play.  I'm thankful for my dad, my grandma and my family because they teach me Spanish a little bit.
Preston: I am grateful because I help my sister Addison everyday. I am thankful because I use my bed to sleep in and I use it for sleeping and to snuggle with my stuffed animals.
Kai: It's helpful that my mom doesn't let me eat candy all the time.  I'm really thankful that my mom and dad let me play out in the yard when I want to.
Haden: I am grateful for doctors to help us live.  I am thankful for the news so I can know what's happening in other countries.
Joshua: I am grateful to have a roof and a car to drive places.  I'm thankful for my sister because she always builds me legos when my dad buys them with me or I have a gift card for Target.
Rachel Lee: I am thankful for having Jesus in our hearts and protecting us from danger. I am thankful for my brother and my sister because, for my birthday, my brother gave me something special that I always wanted and I really like my sister.
Brianna: I am lucky because I have a family.  
Jennifer: I am thankful for having so much love in my life and being able to truely laugh each day. I am also grateful to be able to watch all of you amazing people grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment